Had a weird problem in windows media player on the new laptop. Periodically the music would stall and stutter. Watching movies over wifi at home was quite painful pausing and continuing the movie like a streaming problem.
The link I just found above described that it took a long time to change songs. So i tried changing songs and sure enough it took about 10 seconds to change to the next track. So I tried the fix which for the sake of convenience (and its slightly different for my audio drivers) will repeat.
Problem: takes ages to start/change songs. experience stuttering and freezing as the DMR stuff does its thing.
Here’s how I fixed it:
Start > Control Panel > Sound > Playback Tab > Double-click “Speakers/Headphones” > Enhancements Tab > Check “Disable System Effects”
I figure most of those effects wont make much difference for headphones… but I might experiment with it later to see if i can tell the difference.
Anyway, it’s not skipped a beat since so hopefully thats that. (touch wood)